Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cinematic photography [stranger 3/99]

stranger 3 (21:9)
(EOS 350D, Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG, 108mm, 1/400, f/7.1)


I like cinema very much, especially because of the very powerful visual language that is involved and that plays an essential role in conveying a message. Inspired by my own prison's excellent shots on flickr, I decided to take a new challenge: to make more cinematic shots.

Now, it is not easy to define what a cinematic shot really is, there seems to be a broad spectrum of opinions about it. For me, a cinematic shot is simply a shot that could have been taken out from a movie, a shot that makes you wonder how the story would go on.

I tried to give the picture of my third stranger a cinematic look. I am not quite sure about how the 21:9 aspect ratio changes the composition, but it is my first try after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment